The Easter bunny is on his way and that means chocolate is literally everywhere at the moment. When you have a particular eating plan in place, it can be quite hard to say no when confronted with those sugary, chemical filled distractions. If you are one who often gives into their sweet tooth, here is a yummy easter egg inspired bliss ball as a great replacement snack. These are still decadent and delicious but not nearly as bad for you as the supermarket, foil covered alternatives. In this recipe we’ve used cacao butter. This ingredient can sometimes be a little bit hard to find. However, your local Woolworths is a stockists or iHerb is a great and reliable online health food store.
1/4 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
30g chopped cacao butter, softened
3 tbsp premium coconut milk
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup cashew meal
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp cacao powder
Handful sesame seeds
- Soak almonds and cashews overnight in a large bowl filled with water. The following day, drain and rinse the soaked nuts
- Blend the soaked nuts with the coconut, cacao butter, coconut milk and honey until well combined in a blender
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the almond meal, cashew meal, cacao powder and vanilla
- Scoop up a tablespoon of mixture and circle into balls. Circle fully formed balls into the sesame seeds to make them look pretty and add texture
- Transfer into an airtight container to put in the fridge ready to set
- Enjoy without the guilt of consuming chocolate!
Did you enjoy this recipe? Do you have another delicious recipe that’s a great replacement for something sweet? We’d love to hear from you. Leave us a comment in the reply box below.
Recipe inspired by lovelivenourish