Stuck on what to make for lunch? Find yourself staring blankly into the pantry?
We’ve got your weekly lunches sorted! Enjoy delicious, nutritious and easy lunches to get you through the work week. All of these recipes can be adjusted according to whatever you have in your pantry.
Lisa’s Rice Salad with Grilled Chicken & Eggs
Click here to watch Lisa’s tutorial on how to make this!
1 cup cooked long grain rice
1 diced Lebanese cucumber
1 diced tomato
1/2 diced red onion.
120g feta cheese
1/4 cup olives
2 cups Spinach
1 tbs Extra virgin olive oil
250g Grilled chicken breast, seasoned
2 Boiled eggs
- Combine long grain rice, cucumber, tomato, red onion, capers, olives, feta cheese.
- Plate rice mix on top of a bed of spinach and dress with extra virgin olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Add grilled chicken and one boiled egg to each plate. Serve!
Variations: Swap long grain rice with brown rice or quinoa. Swap the chicken with tuna, sardines, lentils, 4 bean mix or tofu! Feel free to add whatever vegetables you have in the fridge to the rice salad.
Tomato and Halloumi Panzanella
3 pieces of sourdough bread
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes (or use regular tomatoes)
120g halloumi cheese
1 small tin mixed beans
1 tbs of basil pesto (from jar or fresh)
Salt and pepper to season
Fresh herbs to season
- Toast sourdough bread and break roughly into pieces
- Chop cherry tomatoes into halves. You can use the halloumi as is or add to a pan and quickly give it a grill. Chop the halloumi into bite sized pieces and add them into a bowl with the tomatoes and kidney beans.
- Toss basil pesto through halloumi cheese and tomato and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the bread to the cheese and tomato and serve with fresh basil leaves.
Variations: Swap sourdough bread with any bread you prefer, or try wrap bread toasted in the oven and cut into little squares. Use feta, bocconcini or any other cheese you have available. To add more vegetables, toss through a cup of spinach.
Roasted Salmon with Green Beans and Tomatoes
Recipe curtesy of Good House Keeping
6 cloves garlic, smashed
1 1/4 green beans, trimmed
3 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
2 tbsp. olive oil
Salt & Pepper
500g skinless salmon fillet, cut into 4 pieces
Greek yogurt, for serving
- Heat oven to 200°c. On large rimmed baking sheet, toss garlic, beans, tomatoes, olives and anchovies (if using) with 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in large pan over medium heat. Season salmon with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until golden brown and opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Serve with vegetables.
Variations: Use whatever vegetables you have available for roasting. Swap salmon with tuna steak or chicken breast. Create your own dressing for roast vegetables, get experimental!
Pearl Couscous with Pesto, Cherry tomatoes and Bocconcini
200g Large dried Pearl coucous (or pasta)
1/4 cup basil Pesto (from jar or fresh)
1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half(or any type of tomato)
1/2 cup bocconcini
3 cups spinach leaves
1/2 finely chopped red capsicum
1 tin tuna or salmon
- Cook couscous or pasta according to the packet.
- Once cooled, add couscous, cherry tomatoes, bocconcini, capsicum, spinach and bocconcini in a bowl.
- Stir through basil pesto and serve with a tin of fish.
Variations: If you cant get your hands on pearl couscous, try using pasta or quinoa.
Mediterranean Microwaved Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
1 medium sweet potato
70g canned chickpeas drained
Olive oil, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and lemon to season.
1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
1 cup spinach
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Wash sweet potato thoroughly and pat dry. Pierce the skin 3-4 times with a fork.
- Place potato on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 5 minutes. If it is still not soft, continue microwaving in 30 second increments.
- In a bowl toss together chickpeas, cherry tomatoes, a drizzle of olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, mix cumin, coriander, smoked paprika and a squeeze of lemon with Greek yoghurt
- Cut the sweet potato in half top with Greek yogurt sauce and the chickpea tomato mixture. Serve with a side of spinach.
Variations: Top with lemon and olive oil seasoned roasted vegetables and crumbled feta cheese.