Do you find yourself snacking more when working from home?
It’s easy when you’re at home all day to eat more food and particularly snack foods compared to when you’re in your usual work environment. It’s all about mindful snacking, recognising when you’re eating out of boredom and doing little easy things which can make you think twice before heading back to the fridge.
Here are 5 easy tips to improve your snacking habits:
1. Plan out your meals – Set specific times for when you are going to eat breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
2. Make sure your eating proper main meals – Eating enough of the right foods during your main meals can stop you from getting hungry later on.
3. Drink water – Sometimes we snack because we think we are hungry, but really our bodies may be dehydrated and wanting water. Keep a water bottle at your desk to stay hydrated.
4. When you do snack, treat it like a meal – If you can, take the time to plate your snack, sit down away from your desk and eat the food intentionally.
5. Focus on quality – If you eat snacks that are a good mix of protein, fruits, vegetables and healthy fats, you will feel more satisfied, stopping you from snacking again later.