We’ve all wondered how some people just appear effortlessly thin however when it comes down to it, there is no magic pill or quick fix. The formula is all about balance. These people simply avoid restrictive diets and intense workout regimes. Again, balance is key.
Researchers from the Cornell Food and Brand Lab constructed an online Global Healthy Weight Registry to survey healthy adults about their daily routines, diet and exercise habits.
Findings showed that healthy people tend to…
- Stick to routine which proved to be successful for maintaining a healthy lifestyle where it becomes second nature rather than an inconvenience.
- Counteract mid-afternoon slumps by napping instead of snacking.
- Plan active weekend activities so they aren’t focused on food.
- Eat breakfast daily (of the 147 participants 96% ate breakfast). Research has proven that those who skip “the most important meal of the day” tend to consume surplus calories than required.
- Eat mindfully. Instead of restricting themselves, healthy people are conscious of what they are putting into their bodies and how it is going to affect them. 74% of participants rarely dieted yet 92% are conscious of what they are consuming.
Check out the Registry at http://healthyweightregistry.org/results/