Hot and Sour Prawn Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1-2 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass, bruised and finely sliced
- 2cm ginger, finely sliced
- 2 litres chicken, vegetable or fish stock
- 400g snow peas
- 600g prawns, peeled
- 1 bunch baby bok choy
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat a large non-stick pan. Add olive oil then onion and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes or until softened. Add chillies, ginger, lemongrass and garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add stock, reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add snow peas, bok choy prawns and cook for 1-2 minutes or until prawns are heated through.
- Stir in sugar until dissolved and add lime juice. Garnish with coriander.
Sliced chicken breast or cubes of firm tofu may be used instead of prawns.