How Can A Nutritionist Help?
Our Dietitians are known specialists in the area of The Mediterranean Diet, weight loss, bariatric surgery nutrition, diabetes, cholesterol lowering, eating disorders, adolescent nutrition, anti-inflammatory eating, coeliac disease, IBS (FODMAPs) and allergies and intolerances. Our Dietitians are nutrition scientists and can help you with nutritional assistance for a large range of conditions including those outlined below. Alternatively, if you’re just looking for some help and guidance in achieving a balanced diet and healthy weight- we’ve got the perfect advice for you!
Our Exercise Physiologist is a known specialist in exercise prescription for chronic disease management and rehabilitation. She can help with a wide range of conditions outlined below. Our Exercise Physiologist will be working Friday 8am-12pm fortnightly.
We can help with nutritional guidance for a wide range of conditions
- Weight Loss / Weight Gain
- Bariatric Nutrition (Pre and Post surgery)
- Mediterranean Diet
- Impaired Glucose Intolerance
- High Cholesterol
- Gastrointestinal Problems
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Coeliac Disease
- Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet
- Pregnancy and Lactation
- Gestational Diabetes
- Childhood Nutrition
- Eating Disorders
What does a consultation involve?
- Anthropometric Assessment
- Weight and Height
- Body Mass index
- Measurements (Abdominal, Waist, Hip, others as required)
- Comparisons to healthy recommendations
- Dietary Assessment & Reporting
- 24 hour food recall and assessment (and/or food diary review)
- Goal setting anthropometric and dietary
- Computer analysis (if required)
- Detailed explanation of recommendations
- Necessary supply of supporting dietary literature
- Recommendations & individualised meal plan supplied to facilitate client goals
Consultations times & fees
- Extended Initial $160, 45 minutes (Eating disorders, newly diagnosed Coeliacs or patients requiring extended time)
- Initial $130, 30 minutes
- Extended Review $100, 30-45 minutes
- Review $90, 15-30 minutes
- Subsequent $65, 15 minutes
- Pensioners $120, $85. $60
Private Health Fund rebates apply
DVA Gold Card Nil out of pocket expense 15-45 minutes.
Medicare Care Plan consultations are billed at standard fees as above.
Medicare Rebate of $52.95 per session applies.
Note: Medicare Bulk billing may apply for those in financial difficulty. Please speak to our reception staff at the time of booking if this may apply
*Please note that fees may vary depending on location and the information above is based on our standard rates. Referrals are required for DVA Gold Card holders. Please call reception for more information on 07 3891 6199