1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup vegetable stock (try a salt reduced)
Tomato Passata – substitute for pasta sauce
250g low fat ricotta
Lasagne sheets – fresh or dry
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion to brown.
- Add the garlic, pumpkin, lentils & stock and then add 200mL of tomato Passata. Cover and leave to simmer until pumpkin is tender.
- Place ricotta into a bowl and use a fork to mash. Add in any herbs & spices you wish e.g. Italian herbs, nutmeg etc.
- Line the base of the lasagne dish with lasagne sheets and spread over ½ the pumpkin & lentil mixture and then top with lasagne sheets.
- Sprinkle the ricotta over the 2nd layer of lasagne sheets and top with spinach and then add another layer of lasagne sheets.
- Spread the remaining pumpkin & lentil mixture over, top with final lasagne sheets and then pour remaining tomato Passata over the top.
- Bake for approx. 45mins or until lasagne is cooked through.
– Could substitute layers of lasagne sheets with thin layers of zucchini or eggplant.
– This dish is vegetarian.
– To make the dish gluten free use GF lasagne sheets or replace lasagne sheets with thin vegetable layers
– Could substitute lentils for lean mince, chickpeas or beans.
*recipe adapted from taste.com.au