This Roasted Spicy Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce recipe brings all the flavour to the humble cauli! A great side dish to compliment your favourite fish or meat. Cauliflower is high in fibre and has a number of antioxidants which benefit your health. It is also high in Vitamin B. The beauty of this vegetable as it has a great ability to bring out the flavour of herbs and spices, which you will find with this pungent recipe. Enjoy.
Roasted Spicy Cauliflower with Tahini Sauce
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes
- ½ cup crushed almonds
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste)
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- a handful of chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Blanch the cauliflower in salted boiling water for a couple of minutes, then drain in a colander, allowing to steam dry (the cauliflower will take forever to roast if too moist).
- Combine all the spices, nuts and oil, and toss cauliflower florets in the mix.
- Place in ovenproof dish or tray and roast them for about 15-20 minutes, turning them a few times for even crispiness.
- To make the tahini sauce, mix tahini, water, lemon juice, parsley and garlic together in a bowl and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the cauliflower and serve immediately.
*This recipe is adapted from taste.com.au and jaimeoliver.com