Salmon is so good for you, and this Salmon with Herb, Walnut & Chilli Salsa recipe is absolutely packed with flavour and vitality. Fresh herbs and zingy chilli are baked over a lovely boned salmon fillet. This is an oil-free and tasty way to eat salmon. Salmon is full of essential omega-3 fatty acids, is a good source of protein and is high in B vitamins, potassium and selenium.
- 80g pitted green olives, halved
- ¾ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 60g dry roasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (~1.3kg) salmon fillet, pin boned
- 60ml fresh lemon juice
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200oC. Line a roasting pan or oven proof dish with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine olives, coriander, basil, walnuts, onion and chilli in a bowl.
- Use fork to whisk together oil and vinegar. Add to olive mixture and combine well. Season with pepper.
- Place salmon in prepared pan. Drizzle over lemon juice and season with pepper.
- Cover with non-stick baking paper.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with fork in the thickest part.
- Transfer salmon to large serving platter.
- Top with olive mixture and serve with lemon wedges.