The Easter bunny is on his way and that means chocolate is literally everywhere at the moment. When you have a particular eating plan in place, it can be quite hard to say no when confronted with those sugary, chemical-filled distractions. If you are one who often gives in to their sweet tooth, here is a yummy Easter egg inspired healthy “chocolate” bliss balls recipe. Think of it as a great replacement snack this Eater. These are still decadent and delicious but not nearly as bad for you as the supermarket, foil-covered alternatives. In this recipe, we’ve used cacao butter. This ingredient can sometimes be a little bit hard to find. However, your local Woolworths is a stockist or iHerb is a great and reliable online health food store.
- 1/4 cup raw almonds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup organic desiccated coconut
- 30g chopped cacao butter, softened
- 3 tbsp premium coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cashew meal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Handful sesame seeds
- Soak almonds and cashews overnight in a large bowl filled with water. The following day, drain and rinse the soaked nuts
- Blend the soaked nuts with the coconut, cacao butter, coconut milk and honey until well combined in a blender
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and stir in the almond meal, cashew meal, cacao powder and vanilla
- Scoop up a tablespoon of mixture and circle into balls. Circle fully formed balls into the sesame seeds to make them look pretty and add texture
- Transfer into an airtight container to put in the fridge ready to set
- Enjoy without the guilt of consuming chocolate!
Did you enjoy this healthy chocolate bliss balls recipe? Do you have another delicious recipe that’s a great replacement for something sweet? We’d love to hear from you. Leave us a comment in the reply box below.
Recipe inspired by lovelivenourish