This Chicken, Apple & Bocconcini Salad is lovely and light. It is a simple salad which has a few key ingredients which provide maximum flavour.
Chicken, Apple & Bocconcini Salad
- 500g skinless chicken breast
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1 green apple, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pecans, lightly roasted
- 4 bocconcini, roughly chopped up
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Grill chicken until fully cooked. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil and set aside whilst putting the salad together
- Meanwhile, place the honey, mustard and remaining oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, until warmed through and honey dissolves. Remove from heat. Stir in the lemon juice. Season.
- Thickly slice the chicken. Combine the salad leaves, chives, apple, pecans and bocconcini in a large bowl. Divide among serving dishes and top with the chicken. Drizzle with the dressing.