Whether you’re eating gluten free or not, a Moist Orange Almond Cake is always a thing of beauty. Enjoy trying out this lovely recipe.
Moist Orange Almond Cake (Gluten Free)
- 2 large oranges
- 6 eggs
- 250g ground almonds
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free)
- 250g raw sugar
- Honey yoghurt (optional for serving)
- 20cm spring form pan
- Wash and put oranges in saucepan with water covering oranges.
- Bring to the boil then turn to a low simmer for 1½ – 2 hours
- Cool and cut oranges in half and remove any seeds.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° fan forced
- Puree oranges
- Beat Eggs in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients (can be done in a food processor if big enough)
- Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour
- Serve with honey yoghurt