Summer days are salad days! This Prawn & Mango Salad showcases summer at its best here in Queensland and around Australia. Seasonal ripe mangoes, luscious prawns and ripe avocado complement a flavourful base of greens and coriander. Add a citrus-coriander dressing and we’re in heaven! So many nutrients in this healthy salad.
Prawn & Mango Salad with a Citrus-Coriander Dressing
- 1 butter lettuce
- 1 cup rocket
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 2 mangoes, sliced into segments
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 kg cooked prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 avocados, sliced into segments
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salad greens, coriander, cucumber, onion and prawns in a large serving bowl.
- Dressing: combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir gently to combine. Garnish with macadamias, avocado and mango