Vegetable Korma Curry
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large brown onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon garam masala
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
2 carrots (unpeeled), sliced
1 cup vegetable stock
750g butternut pumpkin, cut into large chunks
350g green beans
1 300g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1 can evaporated skim milk
1/4 teaspoon coconut essence
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring for a further 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to medium, add the garam masala, turmeric and chilli and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add carrots and stir well. Add stock, increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, beans, chickpeas, evaporated skim milk and coconut essence. Increase heat to high and brink to the boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon, for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.